Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dreamin'


I dreamed last night that my 14.5-year old shepherd, Rumer, was young again. Her face wasn't white anymore and was the same orangy-tan color as the rest of her body. Her body was lean and strong and she leapt and played like she used to. She is in kidney failure refusing most food except for hot dogs and McDonald's cheeseburgers. Morgan Spurlock she isn't so she can't continue much longer on that magnificent diet. Her rear legs give out on her more and more and frequently her front legs cannot be trusted either. It will not be long before she is frolicking with Luke on that fucking rainbow bridge.


On a lighter note, we do have Lucky. Lucky was indeed one lucky pup. He was abandoned in a PetSmart parking lot on a day that we happened to be there so he got to come home with us. I really felt fate had plopped him in our lap to ease the pain of losing Luke and the inevitable loss of Rumer. There are days when I believe God himself is delivering divine punishment upon me for some long-forgotten sin I committed. But we are lucky to have Lucky and he is Lucky to get us, too.

No comments: